Saturday 16 March 2019

networking - Micro Self-powered Gigabit splitter for wall outlet


We have a gigabit network and at each desk there is one outlet and a computer and a voip phone. The Voip phones have a 10/100 switch in them and then the computer needs to plug into the phone therefore eliminating the gigabit speeds.


Is there a small/micro device I can simply plug into the wall switch and have the ethernet power the device and then it gives me 2 gigabit ports?


I can't even find 2 port gigabit switches in my searches. I am thinking they are called something else.



Answer



HP IntelliJack Gigabit switches can be installed in a wall outlets and can be powered by PoE. They provide four switched Gigabit ports.


If the switch is powered by a 802.3at-2009 (PoE+) source (or a local DC supply), it can power up to two other devices.


HP IntelliJack Gigabit switch


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...