Monday 25 March 2019

how to copy I/O not just redirect (Windows and Linux)


I have a simple call command


call calabash -D sim.xpl >test.txt 2>&1

and this redirects into test.txt, how do I do both redirect into a file and allow it to show up in the prompt?


(I could use the command for both linux and windows)


(use case: tar-ring a backup takes a while and watching the the verbose output allows me to keep an eye on it, and kill it early if needed, rather than to open a large file or wait until its done)



Answer



tee


call calabash -D sim.xpl 2>&1 | tee test.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...