Friday 29 March 2019

repair - How to change microswitches (left/right "mouse button") on Logitech G700?


I already have the new microswitches (left and right mousebutton). Seems like the original ones are for 10 Million clicks, my new ones are for 20 M - OMRON D2FC-F-7N(20M). That's just for whoever searches this in the future.


So the mouse is open - you can find an how-to on ifixit!


I took off all screws on the boards. The upper board that has the microswitches on it seems to be still connected with the lower board via the 14 soldering joints in #3 in this picture:


enter image description here


This is how it looks from underneath:


enter image description here


So I'm asking myself.. Do I just have to pull a bit harder? Or do I have to unsolder the 14 points?


Thanks!



Answer



Okay I got it! The mouse is working just fine.


The 14 points on #3 are "Rectangular Connectors/Headers/Pins".


I had to unsolder them one by one. After that I was able to lift the board.


Here is how it looks like underneath the first board: enter image description here


After that you just have to unsolder the three points from the microswitch you want to change. Put it back together and you're good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...