Sunday 24 March 2019

Prevent MacOS from making .* and ._* files


Whenever I plug someone's FAT32 flash drive into my computer, MacOS loves to add all sorts of hidden files.


A couple of these include:
.Spotlight-V100/
.Trashes/
.fseventsd/
.DS_Store


When they get the drive back, they see all this cruft. How can I prevent this from happening?


Thanks!



Answer



I don't know if saying "here's an app" is an OK solution to a problem, but I did some digging and found this:
http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/


Might be worth taking a look at but might not be worth $16.95...


EDIT:


I'm using BlueHarvest trial and seems to work very well. Because it provides the most complete solution for the original question, I'm marking this as the accepted answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...