Saturday 16 March 2019

windows - IIS FTP Folder Access Issues (550)


I'm trying to connect to our FTP on an IIS server and I'm having issues viewing files/folders. My manager is able to connect with no issues and it's been a long time since he set it up. We added a Windows account for me and I'm able to connect, but unable to access folders. We set the permissions on the server so I have full control, but it still doesn't seem to want to allow me to access it. Any idea what we might be missing? We've tried restarting the FTP service, but that didn't seem to work either.


FileZilla logs:


Status: Retrieving directory listing...
Command: CWD /folder_name
Response: 550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

CMD:


ftp> cd folder_name
550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Answer



I figured it out last week. In the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config file, there was an extra set of permissions for the problem sub-directory that was causing the issues. Once I removed that, it worked as expected...


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...