Friday 29 March 2019

Unable to connect to Windows computer for file sharing


I have a Windows 7 machine to which I am unable to connect from several other computers.


When I try to connect to it from other Windows computers I do get the 0x80070035 error code.


I've tried the solutions described here, such as accessing the computer by IP and not by name, to no avail. Please help.



Answer



This is what solved my problem: Disable password protected shared use


Control Panel, Network Center, Advance Sharing configuration, Password Protected shared use --> disable.


After trying all the solutions, that is the option that was causing trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...