Saturday 23 March 2019

how do I resolve this inconsistency between windows 10 pro being described as (just)windows 10 in the boot menu and as windows 10 pro within itself?

how do I resolve this inconsistency between windows 10 pro being described as (just)windows 10 in the boot menu and as windows 10 pro within itself?


Notice the one it lists as 'current' it lists as windows 10 not windows 10 pro. But windows itself lists itself as pro.


enter image description here


I only actually have one partition and one version of windows installed..


but I had created another partition (maybe with windows installation media, maybe with gparted), put an image of another partition on it as an experiment, then deleted the partition with gparted. Perhaps I should've deleted the partition with windows installation media. It's possible the windows 10 installation media asked me to click windows 10, or windows 10 pro, and I might've clicked 'windows 10', prior to creating the second partition, though I deleted that partition anyway albeit with gparted.


At the moment I get two versions of windows come up in the boot menu, and there should only be one. And not only that.. I could potentially delete one of them from the boot menu, as there are things online about how to do that..


But what I don't understand and can't find information on, is why it describes it as windows 10 when it is windows 10 pro.


Some comments here https://pastebin.com/raw/iP635t5Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...