Friday 29 March 2019

Packaging / Extracting Windows 10 Native Flash Player

To make a very long story short: Someone #@%@ed up and there are several Windows 10 assets in my environment that require Flash OCX repair (IT WASN'T ME!)


Simply re-registering the OCX modules doesn't entirely resolve the issue, even after completely removing ownership from the built-in application itself (several keys return ACCESS DENIED when regsvr32 tries to access them).


I've decided that uninstall / reinstall Windows 10 Native Flash Player (ActiveX) on the deployed Windows 10 assets. Using a DISM.EXE method similar to the one found at this blog, I've scripted the uninstall routine. However, I'm looking for a "light-weight" method of reinstalling it. Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to have to mount an entire image to each machine (I'm looking at SMS / SCUP deployment for this solution). Is there a way to, say, isolate the Windows 10 Flash Player application on an image file, extract it (say to a .WIM file), and then point DISM to it?


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...