Wednesday 27 March 2019

Excel on Windows 10: Recovering old file version accidentally overwritten and saved over?

I was working on a file (Excel, from MS Office Professional Plus 2016) stored on the local drive of my laptop, in which I entered marks of my students for papers.


Later, I reopened the same file and replaced the paper marks with assignment marks; I intended to use "save as" the file rather than save, but accidentally pressed Ctrl+S; then I realized I overwrite the previous file version, replacing the file contents, rather than creating a new file.


How can I restore the older version of my Excel file, which contained paper marks??


I tried using the Windows 10 "restore previous version" option as shown in this screenshot, but I couldn't find a previous version there.


snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...