Saturday 23 March 2019

macos - How to paste a tab into OS X Terminal from clipboard?


Tabs are getting removed from text that I paste into the Terminal. Any suggestions?


An example of my use case is to paste sections of TSV files into a remote ssh session terminal, bypassing the tedious multi-hop scp process.


This is not about using other editors/tools (e.g. emacs/vi) and I am already aware of how to enter a single tab char via CTL-Tab. These do not meet the need.



Answer



In both linux and OS/x there does not appear to be a means to paste tabs into a terminal. If anyone (eventually) comes up with a solution please feel free to add the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...