Sunday 31 March 2019

software rec - Is there a program that can represent functions as sound?



I need a program that can represent functions as sound. Something like Mathematica's "play" which can generate a sound with the amplitude given as a function of time.


The program should support "writing/exporting" to a lossless audio format.


@soandos what I meant was a program that gives sound represntation of a mathmatical function "similar to how you plot functions"visualy"" Check Mathmatica for play to see what it does.



Answer



You can do this using the ChucK programming language. It is made specifically for synthesizing audio.


Directly specifying the waveform as a function is not the typical way to work, but I believe it is also possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...