Monday 25 February 2019

windows - No sound in any media player

No media player has any sound. If I try to play any video file there is only video, and no sound. This happens with Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic. I have K Lite Codec Pack version 8 Installed.


When I open Dxdiag it shows the error



Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code = 0x80004005(Generic Failure)



From the Sound Properties, if I try to open Advance Setting I get the message



DirectSound Setting not available



I can listen system sounds only not media player sound. Why? There is not drivers errors as I can listen sound when I watch videos on youtube.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...