Tuesday 19 February 2019

worksheet function - Excel Concatenate Time


I have had a look at this site, and across the net, but can't seem to solve this, which should be easy! Concatenate should work, but I wasn't able to make it work.


Current spreadsheet looks like this:


B2: 8:00 (AM) (Start time)
C2: 1:00 () (Duration)
D2: 9:00 (AM) (End time)

I would like to have a formula in A2 that looks like this: 8:00 - 9:00, and obviously updates as soon as I make changes to the B2 and C2 (D2 is already working with a formula)



Answer



This one is working in LibreOffice, but it seems, that the TEXT function and & operator is adapted from Excel:



=TEXT(B2,"hh:mm")&"-"&TEXT(D2,"hh:mm")



No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...