Thursday 28 February 2019

linux - How do I install a newer version of GTK in Ubuntu without replacing the current one?

I am trying to compile file-roller from git, but running autogen.sh gives me this error


configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-3.0 >= 2.91.1) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-3.0' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I am running Ubuntu Maverick and don't wish to completely replace my current version of gtk, glib, etc.


I have tried to compile GTK using the --prefix argument of autogen.sh, but this gives me a similar error about my version of glib.


How can I successfully compile file-roller using these new libraries without borking my install?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...