Friday 22 February 2019

Windows 7 - Firefox - Font Displayed Strangely


alt text


The p's and b's in the above image are strange, relative to the other letters. They are more-bold or stretched a bit horizontally. This is viewing wikipedia in firefox on windows 7. Even the text on serverfault appears this way... some letters appear almost bold because they get stretched horizontally a bit.


This is a completely default installation of Windows 7 and Firefox... really don't know what's going on here.


What's going on here and how can I fix it? This is very annoying to me.



Answer



I had the same problem. Turns out I was missing a couple of fonts. You need Arial regular and also Verdana regular and bold. I just moved these from a Vista fonts folder on another PC to the fonts folder in Windows 7 on my PC and it fixed the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...