Wednesday 27 February 2019

Windows 10 laptop keeps adapting brightness ("Adaptive Brightness" is disabled)


My Windows 10 laptop keeps adapting the brightness of my screen.


I did some research and found that the problem could be the Windows' "adaptive Brightness" feature. I disabled it but kept having the same issue.


So, I did some more research and found that the Intel's "Display Power Saving Technology" could be the issue. So, I disabled it, but I keep having the same problem.


Does anyone know what else can be doing this brightness adaptation. It is starting to become very frustrating.



Answer



Changing power plan settings did not work, you need to type ''run'' then type ''services.msc''


Search in the list for ''sensor monitoring service'' right click on it, properties and disable the service, hit apply.


Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Brighten Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0


also navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Darken Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0


Restart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...