Thursday 28 February 2019

windows 7 - Not able to use pen drive after cleaning it using command prompt

I had downloaded Chrome OS Vanilla and wrote it to an 8 GB pen drive. After I checked it out I tried to remove it.


I plugged in my pen drive and it asked me to format it. There was only one option of 1 GB. After formatting I just had 1GB on my pen drive.


Then I followed this procedure:



  • Run » CommandPrompt

  • Type diskpart » Enter

  • Type list disk » Enter

  • Find out the allocated number of your disk

  • Type select disk X » Enter (X is the number for your drive)

  • Type clean » Enter


After following this when I plug in my device it asks me to format disk. It shows unknown capacity.


After clicking start it says Windows was unable to complete the format. Then when I close it, it says:



Windows can't format H. Check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly, make sure that the disk is not read-only, and then try again. For more information, search Help for read-only files and how to change them.



Now I cannot use it and it has no memory.


In disk management, I had right clicked and clicked create new simple volume. Then I got my 8 GB back but in RAW format and it was write protected. The next day, when I plugged in my USB it was write protected and disk management shows Unallocated.(now)


After typing clean and pressing Enter in command prompt I get:



DiskPart has encountered an error: Incorrect function. See the System Event Log for more information.



When I double click the device in Computer:



I:\ is not accessible.


The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.



When I run HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, V2.1.8 and click format I get:



Device media is write protected


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...