Wednesday 20 February 2019

Clicking through windows

Approximately after last big creator update, I noticed that some windows become "click-through", that is, when I try to click something in a window, what is actually clicked is behind it (which is invisible until you click it).


If it's another window that was behind it comes to the top, if it's desktop and you manage to double click an icon - that app will come up, etc. The click to the visible window on top do not register.


So far it happened to Google Chrome and Steam. It happens appropriately once a day, I was not able to determine what causes it. If you close the affected app and re-open it the effect goes away.


Any idea how I could track down, why this keeps happening?


Update: Just to avoid answer that suggest to "reboot" or "reinstall windows", here is what I tried:



  • Antivirus check - pass

  • chkdsk check - pass

  • SFC /Scannow - pass

  • Windows Update - latest


PC is being re-booted regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...