Saturday 23 February 2019

Windows 7 taskbar as sidebar, minimum width fixed


This may sound like a trivial and unnecessary question, but it keeps annoying me more and more. If you choose "small icons" for the taskbar in Windows 7 and the taskbar is either at the top or the bottom of the screen the taskbar will become pretty small.


Screenshot of a horizontal taskbar


But since I have a widescreen monitor, I'm used to having the taskbar on the side of the screen, since it uses the space more efficiently. But I can't get the taskbar narrower than a certain level and it stays pretty wide.


Screenshot of a vertical taskbar


Is there maybe a registry entry that I could set to get the same width on the side of the screen as the height I am getting at the bottom or top?


(P.S.: The MinWidth trick doesn't help here.)



Answer



One perfect working solution would be:



  • create a ThinTaskbar.bat file

  • enter the following content:




@echo off
echo ThinTaskbar
echo Please wait a few secconds...
net stop "UxSms"
net start "UxSms"




  • save and close

  • turn on the following taskbar options: lock and autohide

  • execute batch script with administrator privileges

  • done!


Now you can disable autohide, if you want. The script must be applied after each reboot.


Source: Youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...