Wednesday 20 February 2019

windows 7 - VMWare workstation installation error: The MSI '' failed

I am installing on windows 7. The vmware workstation version is 9.0.2-1031769.


Installation proceeds as expected until about 70% when it fails with the following error:


The MSI '' failed.

I have followed every single step on this supposed fix except that I was not able to delete a coupled of files in the temp directory but I do not think they are related to vmware. And it still didn't work.


Next I deleted every single reference to vmware in the registry also to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...