Friday 22 February 2019

64 bit - Upgrade from Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit




Possible Duplicates:
Where do I download Windows 7 (legally from Microsoft)?
Can I transfer a Windows 7 license to another computer?
Windows Activation FAQ: How do language, version, 64-bit or 32-bit, and source affect ability to install and transfer Windows licenses?



I've got Windows 7 32bit installed. I've just upgraded to 6Gb of RAM and need the 64 bit version to be able to use it. Do I have to buy another Windows 7 licence for this or can I reuse my existing one. If I can reuse it where can I get the installation media?



Answer



You can reuse your installation key.


But you need to get your installation media from somewhere. Be careful where you get it...I personally would try to call Microsoft and explain the situation - they may be able to give you a place to get a copy of 64-bit Windows 7. Worth a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...