Sunday 24 February 2019

Open Excel files in new window


When I have Excel running and I double click an Excel file in Windows explorer, I'd like it to launch in a new window by default so that I can move documents to separate monitors. Is there any way to get this behavior?



Answer



I've had this problem too. Here's what I did:



In Excel 2003, go to Tools -> Options -> General tab.


Make sure the option, ‘Ignore other applications’ is checked.


In Excel 2007 & 2010, Click the Office button -> Excel Options -> Advanced.


Under General, check ‘Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange’.



enter image description here


I don't know why this isn't built in. Source: http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/05/13/how-to-open-two-excel-files-side-by-side-in-separate-monitors/


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...