Thursday 21 February 2019

windows xp - Can XP load pre-installation drivers from anywhere other than a floppy?


I'm planning to install XP Pro on a new machine with a motherboard that supports RAID. The partition XP will run from will be on RAID 1. To set this up you normally enter a floppy disk with the motherboard RAID driver at the beginning of the XP installation.


I'd prefer if the new machine didn't have a floppy drive. It's pretty much pointless now. But this poses the problem of loading the RAID driver. Can XP read this driver from somewhere else (maybe USB) or will I have to install a floppy drive just for this?



Answer



You can put them directly on the CD unsing nLite (great tool to customize installation)! That's what I did for my SATA controller


Documentation


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...