Wednesday 20 February 2019

windows 7 - How do I determine which HD is involved in the Event Viewer?

My PC apparently crashed before I came home from work (so my daugthers tell me; they rebooted it). The first thing I did, after it came up, was got into the Event Viewer to see what it said. Several hours before they rebooted it, there's a message in the event viewer that says:



The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk5\DR5



I've no idea what that means. I got into Computer Manager, to take a look at the disks on my machine. There's only 1 hard drive, and a few slots for microSD, etc, but none of them are labeled "Harddisk5", nor is there anything there labeled "DR5". How do I determine what, if anything, those are? Could they be USB drives that my daughters used?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...