Sunday 24 February 2019

linux - Forgotten LUKS passphrase


i am stuck with a big problem.


I have encrypted my linux drive with LUKS and now I can't remember it. During boot, it prompts me for the passphrase, but I went into troubleshooting mode and deleted the entry from /etc/crypttab so at least I can boot now into my account but that doesn't solve the problem. I can't access my drive /dev/sda5.


Can someone please show me a way to crack the passphrase or is there no way around it.



Answer



There is no way around it. That the whole point of encryption in the first place.


You will have to erase the partition and start over, all data is lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...