Wednesday 20 February 2019

linux - What causes windows 7 activation requests?

The statement: "You must activate windows within 3 days to continue using all windows features." often pops up in my notifification area on Windows 7.


My windows are legal and I have activated them twice allready. I believe that windows remembers hardware of computer during last activation and shows this warning everytime it detects hardware change.


In my case detected hardware changes are probably caused by running windows from VirtualBox. I have dual boot setup. I can boot to both windows 7 and linux. When I want to use some Windows feature in linux I don't reboot the computer but start my windows 7 from VirtualBox which uses the raw disk insted of virtual one.


I hope that you can tell me which hardware change causes the activation request so i can do something about the popup message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...