Tuesday 19 March 2019

windows 7 - Is it OK to update my BIOS?


I have a HP Pavilion dv5224ea laptop on which I have Windows 7 installed. I recently decided to go to the drivers page at HP.co.za and saw that under Windows Vista Drivers (There are no Windows 7 drivers as HP does not support Windows 7 on my machine) that there was a BIOS update.


Now, do I need bother to update the BIOS? Is there any way to backup/restore the BIOS if the update fails? The one thing is that the driver page says that it only compatable with Windows XP & Windows Vista, does this matter?


EDIT: What will I gain from upgrading? Could I, for instance, get hardware virtualisation or TPM (Trusted Platform Module)?



Answer



I wouldn't. Meaning, you don't really need to update it, since everything seems to be working fine and as Brian said, there are some risks involved.


So if you're not gaining anything by doing it, why do it at all ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...