Tuesday 23 July 2019

How to make shortcut to ftp site open in windows explorer not IE


Running windows7 i have a shortcut to an FTP site. When you make this shortcut and point it to a location like ftp://127.0.0.1/ it automatically defaults to opening in Internet Explorer. This is not ideal.


I would like to have a shortcut that opens directly to Windows Explorer, as this is infinitely more useful for my purposes.



Answer




  1. Open Windows Explorer

  2. Right-click on "My Computer" in the navigation panel on the left

  3. Choose "Add new network location"

  4. Use the wizard to create a new network location for your FTP site

  5. The FTP site will now show up in My Computer as a network location. You can make shortcuts from there by right-clicking on the connection and choosing "send to" > "desktop (as shortcut)".


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...