Monday 29 July 2019

localhost - PHP code is returned instead of executed


I have L-Ubuntu 11.04. I've installed Apache2 and I'm trying to simulate a server on my local file system by navigating to localhost in the browser.


The problem is that I can't seem to get php to execute when on localhost. The PHP code is simply printed in the browser (instead of being executed and the result being printed).



  • libapache2-mod-php5 is installed and the latest version.

  • The Apache module php5 is enabled.


How can I get PHP to run on localhost?



Answer



The configuration file /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf controls which files Apache recognizes as php scripts (based on their extensions).


Be default (in PHP 5.3.2), the file contains the following code:



SetHandler application/x-httpd-php


This affects files with the following extensions:



  • .php

  • .php3

  • .phtml


From our discussion in chat, I know that your files have a html extension. The server was configured to treat .html files as php files, but your home computer is not. That leaves you with two options:




  1. Rename your .html files that contain php code to one of the above extensions.




  2. Replace the line




    in your php5.conf by




    and reload apache by executing the following command:


    sudo service apache2 reload

    In addition to the previously mentioned extensions, the new configuration also affects:



    • .htm

    • .html




No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...