Wednesday 24 July 2019

How can I connect Pidgin with Facebook chat(XMPP)?


I read this article at Lifehacker, and tried it.


But there is a problem, it says that it requires encryption, but it isn't available on this server.


Has anyone here done this before? What should I do to make it work?



Answer



See the Facebook instructions



1.
* Go to "Accounts" and select "Manage Accounts."
2.
* On the Basic tab, enter the following info:
* Protocol: XMPP
*
Username: username
* Domain: chat.facebook.com
* Resource: Pidgin
* Password:
* Local alias: Alias
3.
* Click the Advanced tab, then enter the following info:
* Connect port: 5222
* Connect server: chat.facebook.com
* (Uncheck the box labeled "Require SSL/TLS")

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...