Wednesday 31 July 2019

linux - Remote Packet Capture using Wireshark

Well The scenario is that I have a Windows machine(at home) and a Linux box running headless Ubuntu server(without GUI) on a remote location. I got Wireshark installed on my windows machine, and tcpdump installed on the remote linux box. Here is my question, Is there an easy way of capturing packets off of my linux box? I've been reading through some blog posts, didn't really find an easy way of configuring either tcpdump of Tshark so I could remotely monitor the network traffic. I also realized that it is easy to capture packets remotely off a remote windows machine with simple remoter interface configuration. I was wondering if there's a similar way so I could configure my remote located linux box to listen on port 2002 and start capturing remotely here in my windows mahcine? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...