Wednesday 31 July 2019

linux - Achieve Maximum write speed on hard disk

I have i5 6th gen processor with 8gb ram 4tb secondary hard disk and 500gb primary hard disk. The 4tb hard disk is formated with ntfs. My target is to write huge amount of files on the disk. The disk is SATA 7200RPM have to test compresssion algorithm on the same written files. The files which will be written on the disk are if smaller size compressed witj zlib the range will be around 12-20KB. I wrote a bash script to make 500000 copies of the same for test purpose but found that 7-8 files per se ond were being written in that directory which is 100kB/s while the speed mentiones is much higher. I want to achieve like 100 files per second. I don't know what to do. Please suggest me to achieve the highest write speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...