Tuesday 23 July 2019

Windows 10 search results appear in wrong language

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from a German Windows 7 installation. I switched my display language to English (United States) and my region to English (United Kingdom). Now whenever I search for some settings like for example "UAC", the search results will still be in German. UAC search result


Not only that, but the results of some other searches, such as "language" are not even clickable. The only option that can be clicked here is the one without a settings icon. language search result


I already tried removing German completely in the language settings, switched between German and English as my display language several times and also rebuilt the search index. Any solutions before I have to reinstall the OS entirely are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...