Wednesday 24 July 2019

linux - Why is my connection via ssh tunneling much slower than other connections to a remote machine?

I rented a small Linux box with an intention to use it as a proxy for netflix etc.


When I ssh and run wget my speeds are like 20Mb/s but when I connect with putty and go to speedtest I only get like 1Mbit down and 300kbit up.




Processor information


processor       : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 44
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 2400.085
cache size : 12288 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc arat pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 4800.17
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: [8]

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...