Sunday 28 July 2019

linux - Which is the most stable version of Ubuntu?



I've tried installing Ubuntu 11.10, uninstalling and reinstalling 11.04 etc. After day 1, though, some bug or the other shows up and then I spend the rest of my time looking up fixes on the Internet. I don't like criticizing Ubuntu a lot because I don't pay a penny for the awesome OS. What is the most stable version of Ubuntu for Notebook PCs?



Answer



The latest versions marked as "stable" are always available from http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download


But, personally I prefer Debian over Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a Debian-based OS, but for me as a power user doesn't add that much useful features that I'm missing in Debian itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...