Friday 26 July 2019

cleaning - Can you actually Wash a laptop?



I remember Joel mentioning it on a the stackoverflow podcast that you could wash a laptop under a tap.


Has anyone done this? Is there not parts that would just rust up when drying the laptop?



Answer



I've seen demonstrations of similar things. Nobody washing their laptop, but somebody actually rescuing it from rain or submersion. Instead of just sitting it out, they immediately removed the battery, and turned the laptop on its side to allow all fluids to drain out. After a couple days, re-insert the battery and they were up and running.


I cannot vouch that this will be the case for everybody else on just any laptop. Each case would be unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...