Monday 15 April 2019

windows - Mirrored monitors of different resolution


I want to purchase a 32" HD TV to use as a larger mirrored display for my PC. The problem is, my PC monitor is 16:10 and therefore has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, but the TV is standard 16:9, 1920 x 1080.


Will Windows allow them to be mirrored both at their native resolution? Or will I have to run them both at 1920 x 1080. They will be on seperate outputs, HDMI out for TV and DVI for monitor, if that makes any difference.


Thanks in advance for any advice.



Answer



The whole point of mirrored is to have the same resolution on both screens.


Personally, I would use both as independent/extended screens and just move to one when you need to use it.


Alternatively, look at both TV and monitor settings for overstretch / shrink settings and see which one looks better when not at native then put up with it on the other one.... If you can get the TV at native 1920x1080 then put that out to the pc monitor at 1920x1080 without it stretching, that will probably be the best and look the least distorted. (You may need to turn off auto calibration / any auto resolution settings)


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...