Friday 26 April 2019

ffmpeg - Extract video frames display time and frame number

I would like to extract each frame and its display time. The purpose will be to later compare the output between two videos (reference/original video and the transmitted video) and see what frames are missing. I plan on using Big Buck Bunny (http://download.blender.org/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/) as my sample video.


FFMPEG seems to be the tool to use for this, but I haven't found the correct combination of options to use for my use case.


I am expecting my output to resemble something like:


    frame = 1, time = 0
frame = 2, time = 2
frame = 3, time = 3
...
frame 14315, time = 596

I am hoping that the degraded video would show signs of degradation via its output with frames missing and time out of sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...