Monday 22 April 2019

modern ui - How can I easily display *all* currently running Metro apps in Windows 8?

What is the best way to list all currently running Metro apps in Windows 8, included those which have been minimized by dragging them down to the bottom of the screen?


Initially, I assumed the "Switcher" bar on the left hand side provided a convenient way to see all Metro apps; however, it now seems that any apps that are minimised do not appear anywhere except the Task Manager.


enter image description here


In the Metro interface, running apps have the same icon as ones that are not running (correct me if I'm wrong). Add to that the fact that minimized apps do not show up in the Switcher bar, or even when you alt + Tab or Windows + Tab, and you have a recipe for confusion.


Do I have to rely on the Task Manager to find apps that are running in the background? What an astoundingly terrible operating system this is. No wonder recent statistics show the majority of Windows 8 users never use the Metro UI or run any Metro apps.


Any advice would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...