Tuesday 23 April 2019

drivers - Windows 8.1 - System process uses 1 core up to ~90% constantly

Asus N550JV comes with Windows 8 installed. I prefer 8.1 so I installed Windows 8.1 on my machine. Downloaded all the specified drivers on Asus Support Page, not to mention my whole system is up to date.


I've seen a few questions about this problem. This one in particular looked pretty similar to my problem, which leads to a faulty driver. So, here's my scenario:


enter image description here


I have created a new power plan called gaming, which is simply the "High Performance" power plan. The problem with that "High Performance" power plan is that either power cable plugged in or not, the system uses Core #1 constantly at a high percentage as seen on the right corner of the screenshot.


On the other hand, when Balanced power plan is selected, once I plug out the power cable, the green core (Core #1) falls down to normal while some other core rises up to around 50%. When I plug power back in, the green core goes up high again.


I downloaded the process explorer as suggested in this answer and when I clicked on properties section of the System process on process explorer, and identified "ACPI.sys+0x62a0" as the culprit.


Okay, we know the suspect now but how can I fix this issue? What am I supposed to do since the system is up to date?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...