Friday 26 April 2019

Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 won't load past splash screen

I've searched high and low for this fix but no cigar. I recently installed a new motherboard (MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming mobo) and now Visual Studios won't load past the white splash screen that says "Visual Studio".


I believe it could be related to a problem with Secure Download Manager, as since the I installed the new mobo, it displays "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". I'm using SDM to download VS because I got VS for free on Dreamspark, so there's a problem, I can't redownload it because I can't run the downloader (what happened to direct downloads?).


Here's the kicker: After several problems after switching motherboards, I suddenly remembered to reinstall windows. However, due to the way I originally (a few years ago) set up my computer, I couldn't wipe my primary hard drive and had to learn to do it with command prompt in the Windows Recovery thingy (can't remember the name at the moment).


Due to the beginners luck, I wiped every single partition and drive on my computer (oops) and, as a result, everything is fresh.


I'm tempted to say bad motherboard, as that's the recent change that threw my world into chaos (i'm already down 3 assignments in class), but waiting for a new one and then it not being the case is a severe waste of time and resources.


On top of that, it doesn't appear to be hardware related, so it has to be something I forgot to install that is both screwing with VS and SDM, but would allow my computer to function normally otherwise. It's possible it's also causing problems with my inability to connect to Steam without using -tcp protocols, but I wouldn't hold my breath, Valve seems to be disappointing me a lot lately.


UPDATE: I can open up Blend just fine, too bad I don't use it... (yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...