Sunday 21 April 2019

mac - Remotely accessing OSX Lion from Windows in a sane manner


I have a 3-year old MacMini and 2-year old PC laptop residing on the same home 100Mb network. To manage the Mac, I did the whole screen sharing thing (basically VNC) and I connect to it from Windows using UltraVnc viewer.


It is so awfully slow. If I try to manage other Windows machines via either VNC or Remote Desktop, it feels so fast, you'd think I was actually sitting in front of that computer. Meanwhile, I installed LogMeIn on the Mac and going through this app over the internet is sooooo much better and faster than local VNC.


At the moment the MacMini is running Snow Leopard and other than this issue I have no complaints. I'd upgrade to Lion if I knew that slow Remote Desktop has been rectified.


Can someone tell me whether this issue has been fixed in Lion?



Answer



There really isn't a solution with a speed of Remote Desktop on Windows, but the following article describes how to get the best experience possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...