Saturday 27 April 2019

Second monitor on Laptop -- external monitor keeps defaulting to the right side

I have a T61 running Windows Server 2008 (yes as a desktop OS) and I use an external second monitor. The external monitor sits to the left of the laptop. When I sleep the laptop and then use it as a laptop it properly reverts to single screen mode. However, when I re-dock it thinks that the monitor is to the right of the laptop.


Every morning I need to re-open the display properties and put the monitor back to the left.


I seem to think that when the OS was fresh it properly remembered the setting but at some point it started to "forget" and revert to the default.


If I sleep and don't open the laptop but later just re-dock it works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...