Friday 26 April 2019

hard drive - Windows 10 Eating up Disk Space


I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It's been a pretty rocky road thus far. My current issue is Windows 10 keeps using up my SSD's disk space until it has none left and then complains I have no space left. I keep my data on a separate drive, and just the OS on the SSD.


Every time I look at the drive, there is less and less space. I clear a few gigabytes of stuff so it is at 4 GB free space, then it quickly starts going back to 0. It's not temp data, so how do I figure out what is using up all this space?



Answer



Most likely it's your paging file.


I would suggest creating a partition just for paging, or you can limit how much paging space you want to let Windows use by heading to Advanced Settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...