Sunday 21 April 2019

Windows Script Host Error Dialog Popups in the morning

A few days ago when I resume my computer from sleep mode in the mornings I would see an error dialog from "Windows Script Host" that read: "There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs". I am having hard time tracking down the source of this. I've looked through the event log, registry, and the scheduled tasks. But the lists are so long and I don't know where exactly to look for.


Details: It looks like it happens once a day and I only see it in the mornings. I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.


Any pointers are appreciated.


also, i think this started after one of those automatic windows updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...