Monday 29 April 2019

Big window container in Windows to manage all windows?



This is a bit difficult to explain but I will try my best.


I am looking for a software that can be parent to any Windows application I like and will manage its size.


For example there is a software called IntelliJ, where you can open basically any time of text file ( .txt, .java, .php anything.. ) and you can divide the view in this application in the way you like and just move around the borders to resize the files that are open. A screen shot can explain better:


enter image description here


In this image, what I show with the green arrows are the borders I mention. I can simply drag them to right or left, and the relevant windows will automatically get bigger or smaller.


What I am looking for is, imagine a software that can be parent to the windows application I choose. So instead of text files, imagine you have internet explorer on the left handside, notepad++ on righthandside, utorrent in the lower part etc...


Hope what I am asking is clear, Regards.



Answer



What you want is a Tiling window manager. Windows itself has a basic tile-function but doesn't keep the windows tiled.


On the Wiki page Tiling window manager you'll find some Third-party addons. Although lots of these don't have links to the utilities i did find these articles for Blumb and DeskLayer.


I tried DeskLayer and it does automatically rearrange the windows when you resize one. It does not "contain" all the windows in a big "container" but it does keep you windows all tiled the way you want. (So see the big screen/desktop as a container ;) You can see an example video of this here.


If that one is not to your liking you can try Blumb or search the others found on that Wiki-page.


DeskLayer


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...