Wednesday 24 April 2019

windows 8 - Auto backup photos to network drive

My wife's ultrabook is getting full of pictures. I have a NAS that all our pictures are on. What I want to do is store EVERY picture on the NAS (easy) but keep all the photos from the last 12 months on the ultrabook. Again I can do this once. But I want to run a script that does 2 things:




  1. Automatically moves new pictures placed on the NAS to her ultrabook.




  2. Remove any pictures on the ultrabook that are older than 12 months (the backups remain on the NAS).




It would be great if #1 copied in both directions but I can live with only one way. If anyone could give me an idea that would be great. I tried synctoy by ms but it will copy everything.


Thanks. We run windows 8, the NAS is synology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...