Sunday 1 December 2019

windows 7 - Hibernate from start menu without disabling hybrid sleep?

It's not something I do often, but yesterday I had to pop out unplanned for a while - a little too long to leave the PC sat on or asleep - and wanted to save what I was in the middle of doing by hibernating my machine. But the option isn't there on the start menu:


Start menu shut-down sub menu; missing hibernation


A quick web-search seems to show that the most common "fix" for this is to disable hybrid sleep.
I don't want to do that as hybrid sleep is a useful feature.


So, is there a way to have the hibernation option available from the normal location on the start menu without disabling hybrid sleep?


I realise I could create a shortcut to do this for me, but I don't need it often and don't want a shortcut somewhere cluttering up my machine for very occasional use. Similarly, I don't see the point in installing any additional software for the same reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...