Friday 27 December 2019

How do I permanently enable the external video card in Windows?


I have a Lenovo G50-80 laptop with an on-board Intel HG Graphics 5500 and an external 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 M330, running Windows 10 Pro.


Windows chooses its self when to use one GPU or another. Normally it uses the on-board GPU and it switches to the secondary GPU when I start a game that requires it (I assume it's when some game requires DirectX graphics). Is there a way I can configure Windows to always use the secondary graphics card and ignore the on-board card?



Answer



Set default graphics card for your programs:



  1. Right-Click and Open the Nvidia Control Panel from the Desktop.

  2. Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.

  3. Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.

  4. And select the Preferred Graphics Processor for that specific program from the drop down list.


and


Set your default graphics card (NVidia)


NVidia


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...