Sunday 29 December 2019

windows 7 - Move system disk to a different PC

I have a problem: today at work I was told that tomorrow afternoon I have to give my pc back and take a new one just arrived.
It could be a good new, but I'm a developer and I use a lot of different software to work (Visual Studio, Delphi, Eclipse, Android, Apache, MySql, etc...) and I can't think about starting to reinstall and configure everything... usually it means one week lost... and some data usually get lost too with those migrations...
So, is there any way I can use my current disk as system disk on new pc?
I'm afraid because motherboard and cpu are completely different...


Is there something I could do to prepare "migration"? Any kind of Sysprep command so when Windows Seven boots start recognizing new devices without getting lost with previous ones?


UPDATE:
Perhaps I've just found a suitable solution here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...